We’re Hiring! Internship in Digital Marketing and Engagement
* Paid internship * Fully remote
* Part-time * Strong writing skills
Internship: Digital Marketing and Engagement Associate
Funkhouser & Associates is a boutique consulting firm founded on the idea that we can build better government by building trusted relationships among communities and with government partners. We work across sectors to help address key issues faced by local government. Through our advisory services, we aim to connect the dots between policy and process, between population data and improved community outcomes, between technology and more human-centered, accountable governments.
We are looking for a digital marketing and engagement associate to help energize and finetune our email and social media promotional and audience development efforts. This is a paid internship position for an initial term of 5 months with potential for extension. Fully remote with variable hours depending upon F&A projects and candidate availability. (estimated 10-15 hours per week).
- * Interest in state and local government policy, public administration, urban issues and/or civic tech.
- * Knowledge of the technical and design aspects of email /social marketing and creative ways to identify and reach different audiences effectively.
- * Experience with an email marketing platform such as MailChimp is highly desirable.
- * Ability to produce emails, landing pages, social posts and similar outputs based on original and established templates.
- * Ability to craft messaging for different marketing needs, including event summaries, promotional campaigns, audience growth and driving brand identity and awareness.
- * Experience with metrics reporting with a particular emphasis on outreach effectiveness as well as digital marketing metrics more generally.
- * Ability to to work both independently and collaboratively; detail-oriented, well-organized and able to adapt to and manage competing demands.
- * Strong writing and editing skills.
The primary objective of this role is to support audience development and help drive website traffic through creative use of social media and email marketing as well as research to identify target audiences and engagement opportunities. Additional tasks may include:
- * Assist with audience segmentation for email sends.
- * Draft and design email copy and social media posts for a variety of marketing objectives, including ongoing audience engagement, event invites, report releases, newsletters, etc.
- * Help manage email campaigns, collaborating with our team to finalize content, monitor quality, and schedule sends and/or social posts.
- * Assist with production of landing pages and sign-up forms and automations to facilitate and incentivize customer engagement and communications.
- * Collaborate closely with teammates to translate complex policy ideas into engaging email marketing and maintain F&A’s voice and point of view.
- * Assist with development and execution of an email/social marketing calendar.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com. In your statement, please describe any particular perspective or interest you have concerning issues affecting local government. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, the target start date for this internship is late July /early August.